Case Study 1 – Thriving, striving culture: A whole school approach
Staff from Curtin University’s School of Occupational Therapy, Social Work and Speech Pathology have begun to implement a whole of school approach to enhancing student resilience.
Click here to download this case study as a text-only version.
Key features of this case
- promoting a collaborative striving culture with co-responsibility to learning and engagement
- video and email message from the Head of School clarifying staff expectations of students and students’ expectations of staff
- have-a-go approach to learning
- scaffolded challenges across the curriculum
- increased students’ responsibility
- School of Occupational Therapy, Social Work and Speech Pathology, Curtin University
whole of school approach
- Staff completed course in late 2017, began implementing changes in February-March 2018
- Case study recorded in May 2018