Case Study 3 – Bounce back
Our objective was to enhance resilience by presenting students with challenging situations and asking them to reflect on their own reactions. Students were provided with additional strategies to improve their ability to cope with these situations if they were to occur again in the future.
A course-specific module was implemented within a short course as a summative assessment piece which involved initial reflective posting and subsequent peer discussion. Overall, the response to the module has been very positive with students relating to back to their experiences in clinical practice.
Click here to download this case study as a text-only version.
Key features of this case
- online module with four different scenarios
- use of one specific scenario, relevant to breast ultrasound students, as a summative assessment piece
- peer sharing and reflective comments
- direct application of learning into clinical practice
- adult learners, external delivery mode
- postgraduate Medical Sonography programs and Graduate Certificate in Breast Ultrasound
- University of South Australia
- class size: 20